PRIVATE GROUP FEE:
Based upon a class size of six students.
Scheduling can be adjusted to employee work hours and incorporate
SMALL CLASS SIZE:
There is a surcharge associated with training two or fewer students.
- Support Personnel
- System Designer
- System Analyst
- IT Professional
- WebLogic server domains
- Create a new domain.
- Create a new domain with the Configuration Wizard.
- Create a domain with the weblogic.server command.
- Create a domain using Ant.
- Basic Tasks
- Create and configure a Node Manager.
- Configure Node Manager for a production environment.
- Configure Node Manager to accept commands from remote systems.
- Understand and update the WebLogic server configuration tuning parameters.
- Examine the WebLogic server configuration file: config.xml.
- Customize and review the default security configuration.
- Recognize that the WebLogic Adjudication, Authentication, Identity Assertion, Authorization, Credential Mapping, and Role Mapping providers have been defined as the security providers.
- Customize the default security configuration.
- Server Setup
- Configure a server listen port.
- Configure a server's listen address, listen port, HTTP settings, and time outs.
- Configure HTTP server functionality and virtual hosts.
- Web server components
- Deploy and configure applications.
- Deploy applications to one or more WebLogic servers or clusters in a domain.
- Appreciate the two-phase deployment model used by WebLogic and how it provides fault-tolerant control over the deployment process.
- Configure run-time parameters for the applications.
- Create custom HTTP error responses.
- Monitoring Server Domain
- Experiment with facilities for monitoring WebLogic server.
- Monitor server health and performance; including execute queues, connections, sockets, threads, throughput, and memory usage.
- Recovering Failed Servers
- Acquire experience with the WebLogic server failure recovery features.
- Recover from the failure of a server instance; access the domain's configuration and security data.
- Back up the configuration files and security data.
- Determine system wide properties.
- List all the system wide properties for a specific domain.
- WLST: WebLogic Scripting Tools
- Use the Interactive Mode, Script Mode, and Embedded Mode to code and test scripts.
- Code a script to apply the same configuration settings, iteratively, across multiple nodes of a topology.
- Code a script to retrieve information about the run-time state of WebLogic server instances.
- Execute WebLogic utilities.
- Run the dbping command-line utility for testing the connection between a DBMS and client machine using a JDBC driver.
- Use the MulticastTest utility for sending out multicast packets and returning information about how effectively multicast is working on a network as part of configuring a WebLogic cluster.
- Use system utility for displaying information about a computer's operating environment: manufacturer, version of JDK, CLASSPATH, and operating system details.
- Maintaining and Running
- Enable graceful shutdowns.
- Use the Windows Control Panel to stop a server instance.
- Enable graceful shutdowns through the Windows Control Panel.
|Value Added Service
Courseware Superior by Design
|Effective February 27, 2012, the course dates listed on the SYS-ED schedules only will be available based upon approved and authorized user ID. Client organizations will be assigned to a preference center.
|Copyright Acknowledgement: The software product(s) listed in this outline are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies. SYS-ED makes no representation regarding ownership in any of the software products that we train on.
|SYS-ED courses are not intended for or open to the general public. They are intended for employees of Fortune 1000 companies, government municipalities, consulting companies, software, companies, healthcare providers. and mid-sized businesses. Individuals attending such courses will be required to execute a statement acknowledging that the employer will be paying for the SYS-ED course and that the employer has a licensed version of the software.