PRIVATE GROUP FEE:
Based upon a class size of six students.
Scheduling can be adjusted to employee work hours and incorporate
SMALL CLASS SIZE:
There is a surcharge associated with training two or fewer students.
- Network Administrator
- Support Personnel
- IT Professional
- Install and configure WAS: WebSphere Application Server.
- There will be additional subsequent tailored server installations.
- Deploy an application to a WebSphere test environment.
- Configure security for the application.
- Application Server Customization
- The WebSphere plug-in is registered in the configuration file for the selected web servers.
- For IBM HTTP Server, the configuration file is /conf/httpd.conf.
- Edit httpd.conf file by replacing the account on user directive with a user account.
- Administrative Console
- Use command assistance to: 1- Generate a command using the console. 2- Maintain history with logging. 3- Send commands to a scripting tool.
- Administrative Tasks
- Start and stop a server group and test the DataSource Object Connection.
- Modify and restart the application server.
- WSADMIN Tool
- Use the wsadmin command-line administration tool to read, maintain, and modify the content of the XML files.
- Command-line Tools
- Use the command-line scripts to backup and restore configuration information.
- Configuring Application Servers
- Set the heap size and determine whether the heap can be made smaller or needs to be larger in size.
- Web Servers
- Examine and analyze the following tunable information: JVM heap size, thread pool size, connection pool size, and data source statement cache size.
- Virtual Hosts
- Virtual hosts are separate hosts which can be run from the same server as a main host or site.
- Create a number of virtual hosts for different purposes; some will be IP-based and others will be non-IP or name based.
- Tracing provides the capability to review the sequence of events and methods executing at the WebSphere Application Server code level. It can be helpful in determining where problems are occurring; that information can then be used to diagnosis and resolve the problem.
- Use the trace string to specify the level of detail of the trace.
- It is possible to trace a single class file, the entire WebSphere Application Server code library, or levels in between.
- Best Practices
- Given a series of problems, determine whether the guidelines and best practices presented in class would resolve, minimize, or avoid the issue in question.
|Value Added Service
Courseware Superior by Design
|Effective February 27, 2012, the course dates listed on the SYS-ED schedules only will be available based upon approved and authorized user ID. Client organizations will be assigned to a preference center.
|Copyright Acknowledgement: The software product(s) listed in this outline are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies. SYS-ED makes no representation regarding ownership in any of the software products that we train on.
|SYS-ED courses are not intended for or open to the general public. They are intended for employees of Fortune 1000 companies, government municipalities, consulting companies, software, companies, healthcare providers. and mid-sized businesses. Individuals attending such courses will be required to execute a statement acknowledging that the employer will be paying for the SYS-ED course and that the employer has a licensed version of the software.