PRIVATE GROUP FEE:
Based upon a class size of six students.
Scheduling can be adjusted to employee work hours and incorporate
SMALL CLASS SIZE:
There is a surcharge associated with training two or fewer students.
- Web Developer
- System Designer
- System Analyst
- IT Professional
- Create a personal z/OS environment on the developer's desktop.
- Navigate the screen using perspectives and views and configure the workstation environment.
- Rational Developers for System z
- The Remote System Explorer perspective provides an interface for managing remote systems using ISPF-like conventions.
- Define and connect to remote systems, manage connections, and view lists of resources.
- The RDz interface is used to add or modify file mappings, allocate or delete datasets, create or delete PDS/PDSE members, browse and edit files, submit JCL, review the listings and modify job filters.
- Develop, Test, and Debug COBOL programs.
- Create new COBOL programs from a template.
- Modify, add, or delete COBOL template code and comments.
- Use the System z LPEX Editor and COBOL Editor to write code.
- Use Content Assist to have the system provide the syntax of commands.
- Open and browse copybooks.
- Refactor COBOL content.
- Develop, Test, and Debug CICS Programs
- Add CICS translation support to COBOL and PL/1 applications.
- Use integrated CICS translation for COBOL with CICS Transaction Server.
- Set CICS translator step and BMS options.
- Test and debug a CICS program.
- Develop, Test, and Debug COBOL programs with Embedded DB2 SQL.
- Connect to a DB2 database using COBOL.
- Generate declarations from DB2 tables.
- Use DB2 Stored Procedures.
- Build a local batch COBOL DB2 application
- Build, debug, and run a COBOL DB2 application.
- Team Development Features
- Create and use a CVS Repository.
- Develop branch models which are isolated, but still highly interdependent.
- Committing changes to a branch.
- CVS: Concurrent Versions System
- Capture a snapshot of the current state of the resources.
- Create two types of repository projects: immutable - a project version or modifiable - a project in a branch.
- Comparing and interpreting the comparisons.
- Work Flow: Coordination and Integration
- Loading and recording a flow.
- Saving and playing a flow.
- Viewing and editing the flow.
|Value Added Service
Courseware Superior by Design
|Effective February 27, 2012, the course dates listed on the SYS-ED schedules only will be available based upon approved and authorized user ID. Client organizations will be assigned to a preference center.
|Copyright Acknowledgement: The software product(s) listed in this outline are owned and copyrighted by their respective companies. SYS-ED makes no representation regarding ownership in any of the software products that we train on.
|SYS-ED courses are not intended for or open to the general public. They are intended for employees of Fortune 1000 companies, government municipalities, consulting companies, software, companies, healthcare providers. and mid-sized businesses. Individuals attending such courses will be required to execute a statement acknowledging that the employer will be paying for the SYS-ED course and that the employer has a licensed version of the software.