|This service is being developed and marketed based upon the standards and regulations of the New York State Department of Education, Bureau of Proprietary School Supervision: Sections 5001 through 5010 of Education Law and Part 126 of the Regulations of the Commissioner of Education. Effective February 27, 2012, the course dates listed on the SYS-ED schedules only will be available based upon approved and authorized user ID. Client organizations will be assigned to a preference center.|
IT Training Services
SYS-ED training services are available in a web-based learning format. A distance-learning course is 65% lecture with the remaining 35% provided in the form of hands-on exercises, optional validation assessment, and scheduled interactive question and answer sessions with a subject matter expert. The guidelines prescribed in adult learning theory are applied in qualifying our distance-learning service with a prospective client.
Selection of Delivery Medium
|CICS Transaction Server||COBOL||DB2|
Web Development and Internet Programming Curriculum
|Java Programming||MS Application Development||MS .NET|
|WebSphere||UNIX and Linux||XML|
Enrollment requires a consultation with the manager sending the employee for the training. It is contingent upon the prospective trainee's having been qualified to have the appropriate background for the training and review of a checklist of items required for transmission of the service to the client location: bandwidth, firewall, base operating system, software requirements, web browser, and set-up of hands-on machine exercises. SYS-ED reserves the right to deny enrollment in its courses.
Alternative web-based and e-learning training is available: self-paced, presentation through the client's authoring system, or podcast. Client organizations are presented with a palette of medium to select from in order to address selection of content, time compression, scheduling, and operational requirements. These tailored services are offered selectively.
Additional information can be obtained by completing the request form.